- Ph.D. (Information Systems) from the iSchool, University of Toronto
- Thesis title: Is Hearing Believing? Perception of Online Information Credibility by Screen Reader Users who are Blind or Visually Impaired.
- M.Sc. (Human-Computer Interaction & Ergonomics)–University College London, U.K.
- Thesis title: Accessibility vs. Usability–where is the dividing line?
- M.Sc. (Theoretical Chemistry)–Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, India
- Thesis title: Electron Spin Resonance spectroscopic study of Gamma-irradiated hydroimidazole crystals.
Fellowships & Awards
- OCAD University Research Seed Grant ($2500) (2015-16)
- MITACS Elevate Industrial Postdoctoral Fellowship ($140,000) (2010–2012)
- University of Toronto Doctoral scholarship & Research Assistantship (~ $250,000.) (2005–2010)
- Travel Award to CAIS 2010 in Montreal from University of Toronto ($500)
- Travel Award to CSUN 2009 in Los Angeles, CA from University of Toronto ($1200)
- Travel Award to JCDL 2007 in Vancouver from National Science Foundation, USA (US$ 1000)
- Travel Award to ASSETS 2006 in Portland, OR, from University of Toronto ($500)
- Travel Award to ICCHP 2006 in Linz, Austria from University of Toronto ($800)
- National Science Talent Scholarship from Government of India, undergrad & grad studies
- 2015-16 OCAD University Program Committee, MDID Program
- 2014-15 OCAD University Admissions Committee, MDID Program (Committee Member); OCAD University Program Committee, MDID Program (Committee Member)
- 2014-15 Technical adviser (website and social media) Barrier-Free Canada.
- 2013-14 OCAD University Admissions Committee, MDID Program (Committee Member); OCAD University Program Committee, MDID Program (Committee Member)
- 2012-13 Contributing faculty, MDID program
- 2011-12 Contributing faculty, MDID program
- 2007–09 Committee member of the Students For Barrier-free Access, Accessibility Services Student Advisory Committee Working Group on Alternative Formats.
- 2007–10 Volunteer with BALANCE For Blind Adults.
- 2006–10 Volunteer with the Canadian National Institute for the Blind (CNIB).
- 2006–07 Executive member (Website Committee) of the iSchool Doctoral Students Association, UofT
- Lotus Notes 4.6 Development certification – Cybernet Education, Madras, India
- Certificate in ‘C’ language – National Centre for Software Technology, Mumbai, India
- Certificate Course in Software Technology – National Centre for Software Technology India
- IBM mainframe – JCL – VS COBOL – Systems programmer
- UNIX operating system – MF COBOL – Application programmer
- UNIX operating system – UNIFY RDBMS and C language – Project manager
- WIPRO-DOS operating system – SQL and COBOL – Systems analyst/programmer
- Native to working level proficiency in ten Indo-Iranian and Dravidian languages: oral and written fluency in Hindi, Tamil, Telugu and Marathi; oral fluency in Malayalam, Kannada, Bengali, Punjabi, and Urdu; academic proficiency in Sanskrit
- Diploma in French from Alliance Français de Bombay, India
- Mandarin language course (level I) from University College London (U.K.)
- Proficiency in Braille typing and visual recognition of Braille letters